Sunday, December 13, 2009

Christmas Tree / Finishing Touches on Tia's Room

Sunday, December 13th, 2009 - Day 273

Written by Baby Daddy:

This is my first year to put up any kind of Christmas decorations what-so-ever, much less an actual tree. I was even trying to talk my way out of it but Angie was not having any of that. Don't get me wrong, I love the holidays, but when it comes to work and the holidays, I'd rather sit in our warm house and watch the neighbors on their ladders hanging lights in the freezing cold. Not that I actually hung any outdoor lights, but I have to take it one step at a time.

I put our tree together last night and Angie had decorated it this morning. When I asked her how she got the angel on top, my mouth dropped. I have a 4' ladder in the gargage that she did not use (in her defense she probably didn't know it was there). I would have let her even get away with it if she had used one of the kitchen chairs, but she didn't use that either. Here she is, 39 weeks pregnant and ready to have our baby any day and she is balancing herself on a small ottoman! There's nothing to hang onto and it also has one of those huge cushions that your feet sink into when you try to stand on it, making it very unstable. I know because I tried to use it before. I get nervous just picturing her doing that.

We had also picked up our final piece of baby furniture yesterday. After about 30 minutes of moving furniture around, we finally got it setup just the way we wanted. I was also able to hang a couple of shelves we picked out a few weeks ago. I wanted to make sure I knew how the room was going to be setup before drilling a bunch of holes in the wall. Tia's room now looks absolutely amazing!!

No comments:

Post a Comment