Saturday, December 12, 2009

Getting Ready for Christmas

Saturday, December 12th, 2009 - Day 272

I had Chris take me to Hobby Lobby today to get our Christmas ornaments. Most people who know me know that I'm not a big Christmas person. I just never really got into it and I have my reasons that I'll keep to myself. BUT this year, I have to say I'm not bah humbug at all. I'm really looking forward to it and it is because we are doing our own little Christmas this year - Chris, Me & Tia. We usually have about 8 or 9 Christmas's to go to...we usually have my Grandma's, my dad's, my mom's, Chris's mom's, Chris's dad's, The Norris's, There are usually three Merli get-to-gethers (Grandpa Merli, Dennis/Donna, Jenny/Danny), Grandma Stella's, and the Harps...and of course some are combined depending on the year. This year though, we decided to forego all Christmas's since we'll have a few day to a week old in our household and who knows, she may even come right at Christmas time. But of course, anyone is welcome to come over to our house and see our best Christmas present ever...baby Tia. We do want people to let us know first, so we don't double book people and everyone can have their allotted time with Tia.

Anyway, we went to Hobby Lobby because they always have great ornaments and they have a 50% promotion going on. We got our ornaments, our stockings, stocking holders, tree skirt and angel. I'm soooo excited to put up our tree and get our house looking Christmas festive! Woo Hoo

No comments:

Post a Comment