Thursday, December 10, 2009

I think My Thumb is Broken or at least it Feels Like it

Thursday, December 10th, 2009 - Day 270

Seriously, I know I've talked about my swollen hands when I wake up to the point where I can barely open and close my fingers, my fingers feel like sausages and they hurt majorly bad. But the other night, in the middle of the night, I was just pulling the cover over me with my thumb and forefinger. It felt like I popped my thumb out of place and I barely even used it to pull the covers. Since then, it has hurt badly and I have to be careful when using it. The next night, my ring finger did the same thing. It is so hard to explain the feeling, but it feels like my fingers are brittle and could literally break off at any moment. I know after Tia is born, they should go back to normal, but ouch! My doc says it is both the pregnancy and signs of carpel tunnel. My mom has carpel tunnel in her right hand and has had surgeries in the past. With my heavy computer usage at work, I know my right hand has always had some signs of carpel tunnel, but right now, it is both hands that majorly hurt. In fact, it is my thumb on my left hand that feels sprained. All I know is that I have only a few things that have been downfalls of pregnancy and the major swelling and pain in my hands is the top thing! Tiredness in the first trimester was a bear and of course not being able to have a cocktail, but the hands - I can definitely do without the pain. Most women get it in their feet, but mine is in my hands. Only a week or so to go - then hopefully it will be done!

No comments:

Post a Comment