Saturday, December 5, 2009

38 Week Doc Appointment

Saturday, December 5th, 2009 - Day 265

Went to the doctor yesterday and I'm now 2 centimeters dilated (almost 3) and still 50% effaced. When the doc was feeling my tummy, he noticed I had a contraction. He tried to explain to me what they feel like, but I still can't tell. He said that when she balls up, but she always does that - hence why we call her Tia Pot Pie sometimes.

They talked me into getting the H1N1 vaccine. I have been torn on the whole H1N1 flu shot deal and was trying to get by without getting it. But after talking to doc and having him explain everything to me in medical terms and all the benefits, I agreed to get it. They had it right in the office and it didn't hurt at all. So now I have it and I'll just have to pray it doesn't hurt baby or myself in anyway, but rather helps us be immune to the H1N1 sickness.

Doc still says she'll probably arrive within a week early - yay! I can't wait to meet her! After I left, I felt crampy all day and all the girls at work thought I was experiencing early labor, but I knew it was just uncomfort from having my cervix measured and I had a little bit of a bloody show.

My next doctor's appointment is next Wednesday - which is possibly my last appointment! woo hoo

1 comment:

  1. You are soooo close! I hope you have an easy delivery : )

    ReplyDelete