Monday, February 28, 2011

Poor Baby Tia is Super Sick

As I mentioned on Friday, poor Tia has been a little sickly late last week, but the weekend was even worse for baby girl. She had major diarrhea and had goopy eyes. I have actually never seen anything like it. It was as if snot was coming out of her eye balls. Green, slimy and crusty after a while.  Sorry to be graphic, but that is exactly what it looks like to me.  Once, I got her up from a nap and she couldn't even open her eyes.  Saturday and Sunday, she had dark circles under her eyes and I just felt so bad for my baby girl.  She just looked weak and miserable. She wasn't her happy go lucky usual self and she still would not eat a darn thing.  She had some major explosions and the smell was worse beyond words!  Last night, she ruined her bedsheets, blankets and her whole body was covered. I just can't imagine what that would feel like.  I gave her a bath and Chris got her bed back to better condition.  She had a few more explosions and then around 11pm, Chris went to look and see how she was doing and he came back and said 'it's all over everything'.  I jumped up, we had to get her changed and into the tub. She was sleeping and crying because we were waking her up.  This time, the explosion had ruined her bumpers, the entire bed, all of her blankets, even Teddy was all wet. She was a mess. I felt so bad for her. Right when we got her all cleaned up and we got her bed back to square 1, tornado sirens went off and we had to run down to the basement for a while.  She wasn't sure what was going on. She was probably wondering what was going on.  The rest of the wee hours were sleepless nights. She woke up again around 3 am, she had another explosion. I changed her, fed her, and Chris made sure her bed was okay to sleep in. But she wouldn't go back to sleep. We had to use the swing, but she was not up for it.  Let's just say...we are both soooo tired today. I'm sure she is too. I had to get coffee on my way in. Chris took off to be with her today.  Aunt Liza is coming over to watch Tia while Chris goes to his own doctor's appointment. Then me and Katma will be on Tia duty tomorrow.  If she still needs to be home on Wednesday, I'm taking that day off too.  She is a strong little girl, so I know she'll get over this. I just hate to see her feeling bad!

No comments:

Post a Comment