Friday, February 4, 2011

Tia's First Incident at School

Tia had her first Incident/Accident Report at school yesterday. The sheet says that Tia, age 1, on 2/3/11 at 4:30pm was given an ice pack and lots of TLC because an other child threw a block at Tia's head.  She suffered at bump on her head and Chris said it was a bit raised and bruised when he picked her up. Honestly, I was very sad for Tia, but I was happy that it wasn't worse.  I know right now she is not only a diva, but she can play a little rougher than the average girl.  I wouldn't be surprised if she caused an incident/accident report already to another child.  I know she doesn't mean to be rough, but she sometimes tests you by clawing at your face or hitting your nose.  I usually gently do it right back and her eyes get really big and she just looks at me with a scrunched forehead like she is a bit confused.  If she does it again, I just gently do it back (of course I don't hurt her), but she quickly realizes that it isn't fun anymore.  I do try the crying reaction too where she'll hit me in the face and I pretend to be crying and saying ow.  But she usually just laughs at me which is so cute that it is hard not to laugh back.  She is always so loving and sweet, but every now and then her little inner diva comes out.  It is like Chris's coworker always says to her daughter 'don't let Miss Thang come out'...and yes we do say that now!

No comments:

Post a Comment