Sunday, October 11, 2009

Helpless Daddy

Sunday, October 11, 2009 – Day 210

Written by Baby Daddy:

Surgery is out of the way now and let me tell you, it was not a fun experience....well at least the recovery. The surgery itself went very well. They made me feel very comfortable and I didn't feel a thing (not even the shot I had to get in my groin). The recovery part definitely sucks. The shot wore off a day later and that's when the discomfort set in. I can't really do anything and it hurts to move my leg even the slightest bit. I look like a big goof when I'm trying to carry anything from one room to the next. I have stuff wrapped around my neck, carrying other things in my mouth, and have a shopping bag with strings to carry lunch from the kitchen to the living room. It's harder than I thought getting around on crutches. Lucky for me, I have an awesome wife that is taking care of me. I feel so bad having Angie do all these things for me while pregnant. She has been taking excellent care of me and keeping her beautiful smile the entire time.
Another downside to the surgery is the uncomfortable factor. I have a hard time sleeping at night because I cannot move and have to keep my leg propped up. I never seem to get a good nights sleep. I didn't want to mention this, but I know Angie would have posted this if I didn't. I also have to wear these white (extremely tight) stockings on both legs. They're supposed to keep my blood from clotting. Angie says I look like a stripper with them on.....haha.
One final note that was frustrating. I had my first physical therapy appointment on Friday. My mother picks me up and takes me there, but they are closed. I call them and they said that they did not have me down for my first visit until Monday. One of the most important things that needed to be done on my first visit was to get my bandages changed. I guess I'll just have to wait until tomorrow. I called a different rehab place that same day and cancelled all my other appointments. I was so mad.

2 comments:

  1. I think that this experience will make you a WONDERFUL husband during Angie's recovery time. Remember how painful and awkward you are feeling now (and the sleeplessness) during that first month after the birth of your daughter because Angie will be going through much of the same (except her stitches will be in a much more sensitive place...yikes!).

    ReplyDelete
  2. Do they still do that? Stitches I mean. I thought they didn't do that anymore because they say if you tear naturally, you heal quicker. I don't know, maybe it depends on the doctor.

    ReplyDelete