Wednesday, October 14, 2009

Gestational Diabetes Test - Take 2

Wednesday, October 14, 2009 – Day 213

I went in this morning for the 3 hour diabetes test. It was actually more like 4 hours. I got there at 7:00am and they made me drink some orange sugar water again. It isn't as bad as some people say, thankfully. I believe it is because I don't drink soda much and don't have a preference between brands. I think those who can tell the difference between coke and pepsi and other sodas were probably more sensitive to the taste. After the sugar water, they took my blood. Then after another hour, they took my blood for the 2nd time. Then another hour, they took my blood for the 3rd time and finally after another hour, they took my blood for the 4th and last time. Most people know that I hate giving blood. I actually did a great job of avoiding giving blood until I was about 22. I know, I know. The doctors I'd pick would tell me to go give blood and I wouldn't go and just change doctors. That is how much I hated giving blood. But one doctor knew my trick and brought in the nurse to take blood during my first appt. I stuck with that doctor for a long time. But since then, I've had to give blood probably 10 or so times. But today, I gave more blood than I've ever done and it really didn't bother me. I think because of the motivation behind giving blood - all for my baby!

I pray I don't have diabetes, but I guess we'll see when the results come back.

No comments:

Post a Comment