Monday, February 22, 2010

Sleeping Through the Night

Monday, February 22nd, 2010 - Day 66

For weeks, we've fed Tia her last bottle at 11pm and her first one at 5:15am. She was getting a good 6 hours of sleep in. Every now and then she'd either lose her pacifier or wake up earlier, but it was pretty easy to get her to go back to bed quickly. We decided to try and see how long she could sleep so the past few nights, we've been putting her to bed around 10pm. She slept well until it was about 5:15am. Last night, we put her to bed at 9:30pm and I let her sleep as long as she wanted this morning and she didn't get up until 7:30am. That means she slept about 10 hours. She did wake up twice because she lost her pacifier but that was a great run! So at least we know she is capable of sleeping for 8 to 10 hours through the night. So now I have to decide what time she should get up in the morning for her first bottle. I have to be at work by 8am and with an hour drive to Chesterfield, I need to think about what time I need to leave to get her to daycare in time and then me to work. The daycare is in Ballwin, about 5 or 10 minutes from 141 which is the route I take. I used to leave at 7am and would get to work just before 8am. So I'll probably have to leave about 6:30am to get her to daycare and me to work by 8am. Which means, I'll probably have to get up about 5:15am to shower and get ready and then get her up for her bottle around 5:45am which should give me enough time to burp her, change her and get her dressed and ready to go. I should be pretty used to getting up early since that is the way it has been since she was born, BUT working a full day in addition will be another thing. So we are pleased to know she is sleeping pretty well. We do swaddle her tightly and give her the soothie pacifier too. So we are going to stick to giving her the last bottle at 9pm and off to dreamland it is. As she gets used to that, we'll start getting that down to 8pm.

2 comments:

  1. What time does Chris leave for work and how long is his commute? Jake is an early riser and LOVED to do the 5am bottle. It was his time with Layton and to this day he comments that he misses it. It was a huge help to me! We got into a routine for awhile where Layton went to bed around 8pm (and so did I), then he would wake up at 5am for a bottle, then go back down until 10am!! Man I was in sleeping heaven!! I can't complain now though b/c he goes to bed at 6pm and sleeps until 7:30 or 8:00. You're almost there!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! I'm pretty jealous. Gabriel is still sleeping a 5 hour stretch at the longest. We get Alexander down about 9:00 and he sleeps until 7:00. I get to bed at 10:00-ish and Tim gives Gabriel his last bottle close to midnight. He usually is up at 4:30 or 5:00 for another bottle and then tends to fuss until I finally give in and get up for the day...then he promptly falls alseep! He also is just a cat napper, falling asleep for 10 or 15 minutes throughout the day. He's more sensitive to noise than Alexander and wakes up whenever the dog barks or Alexander yells.

    ReplyDelete