Friday, February 26, 2010

Last Day with Mommy

Friday, February 26th, 2010 - Day 70

Today is the last day for Tia to be at home with mommy. Starting Monday, she will be in daycare and getting used to a new routine. I'm sad, of course, but I'm excited for that next stage where I go back to work, she gets used to daycare and our new routine and Chris and I will cherish all the evenings and early mornings with Tia. I pray that Tia makes the transition well. I know I'll be okay with her being at daycare because I know she is good hands. What I'm apprehensive about is Tia. Will she be overwhelmed at first with the adjustment? Will she cry more because she doesn't get that undivided attention? Will they pick her up when she starts to get that bad cry that breaks my heart? Will she be able to nap during the day? Will they be able to burp her enough so she doesn't spit up or get the hiccups? and so many more thoughts. I think that is why I'm partly excited because the sooner we get her going on a new routine, the sooner she'll adjust.

So today, I will be cherishing every moment. Holding her as much as I can and loving every minute. She has grown so much the past 10 weeks and I've been able to witness every moment of that. Now, I'll have to watch her grow when I see her outside of work/daycare. She's getting that fun personality that is easy to play, laugh and smile. She gets jealous when Daddy is playing with her and he stops to talk to mommy. Tia will scream at him in a way that is like 'hey, look at me daddy'. It is the cutest thing. We noticed it a few weeks ago, but thought we were just wishful thinking. However, it is pretty obvious that she wants daddy's attention when he gets home from work and he's making her smile and laugh. I love that she is daddy's little girl. I know Chris loves it too. There will always be an extra caress from mommy's care and attention. But little girls have a unique love for their daddies. So cheers to my last day with Tia today. She has my undivided attention for sure!

2 comments:

  1. She will do fabulous in day care. I think greatest thing I have noticed ini kayla is that she sleeps from 8 p.m. to 6 a.m. which is awesome! I think this is because of all the kids and action going on she doesnt want to nap long because she might miss somthing. She will love it and you will like getting back to work.

    ReplyDelete
  2. She will be great and enjoy all the interaction and stimulation of other kiddos...especially as she gets older. Plus, you have her in the best place possible (from my research when I was trying to decide whether or not to work full time). Not only that, but you will thrive with having your own purpose outside of the home and then getting to enjoy her in the evenings and on the weekends : )

    ReplyDelete