Wednesday, February 17, 2010

Maternity Leave is Almost Over

Wednesday, February 17th, 2010 - Day 61

After this week, I have one full week left with Tia at home. The week after that, Tia will start daycare. I decided that the week before I go back to work, I should wean myself from Tia by having her go to daycare and I can get some Angie time. I have scheduled a week full of lunches, appointments and to-dos. I'm excited because one day I'm getting pedicures with some family members, I'm finally meeting with my stock broker, Chris and I have a meeting at our bank, I have lunch plans with a few people, getting my hair cut and a few other things. See, I figure since I won't be at work, I will be able to check in with Tia anytime I choose. I am pretty sure I'm going to be okay with Tia going to daycare and not being home with me, but I figure if for some reason I'm not doing well without my little girl, I can go pick her up anytime I want. Hopefully, if I'm having a hard time at the beginning of the week, then by Friday, I should have all of my anxieties out of my system. Plus, I get to have some time to myself, as well as getting some much needed tasks done. Then the following week, when I go back to work - I'll be able to dedicate the majority of my thoughts on work. The other thing is timing getting her to daycare and to work on time. My trek from Arnold to Chesterfield is usually an 50 minutes in the morning and an hour in the evening. Now I'll be dropping off and picking up Tia from daycare which is located in Ballwin. I'm hoping it doesn't take me much more time than it does now to get to work. The Goddard school is amazing and I know she will be in good hands there. So I'm enjoying the two and a half weeks left of maternity leave with Tia the next week and a half and then the following week with Tia at daycare and me having some Angie time.

No comments:

Post a Comment