Monday, February 1, 2010

Postpartum Appointment


Monday, February 1st, 2009 - Day 45

I used the stroller for the first time today. I had my Postpartum appointment with my OBG and was wondering if I should drop Tia off or I should bring her. I know the nurses wanted to see her, so I decided to bring her with me and was praying she wouldn't be fussy. She hates the car ride lately and as soon as we stop and she realizes she is in her car seat, she fusses big time. But today, she slept right through it all. I was happy she fell asleep about 10 minutes into the car ride and the stroller kept her moving which was perfect. The nurses were all oohing and awing over her and loved her many faces she makes while she is sleeping. Doc loved her too.

Maneuvering the stroller was all new to me - I ran into some walls here and there. It was comical. My doctor's appointment went very well and I checked out with all positives. I told my doctor about my thumb problem and he said I have a condition called 'trigger thumb' where your thumb gets locked in a bent position and you can't straighten it very easily. I've had this every since I gave birth, but it started with my hands swelling during late pregnancy. My doctor set up an appointment with a hand doctor who specializes in carpel tunnel. Hopefully, it won't mean I need surgery!

No comments:

Post a Comment