Wednesday, February 24, 2010

Back to Bowling

Wednesday, February 24th, 2010 - Day 68

Last night was my first night back to bowling on my Divas on Tap league. It was great to be back and see everyone. I didn't do that great but I know I'll improve the next few weeks. I'll have to since I have a tournament at the end of the month. I did go practice last Saturday and did very well with 181, 179, 157 and 207, so I know I have it in me to do well...I just have to get into the groove again. Since Tia had he immunizations and was a bit cranky, I think I had that on my mind among a few other things. I'm glad to be back though. My mom has decided that she is moving to Thailand sooner than planned. Her and her husband were going to wait until he reached 67 years old, but due to the economy...jobs are few and far between in his industry. So he may retire early. If this proves to be the case, then he'll retire early and they will work on selling their house. Once that sells, they'll move to Thailand. In preparation for that, my mom wants to quit the league to dedicate her time in preparing for the move. So Lisa, Cherri and I were left with a decision to retire the team for good or bring on some new people. We decided that if we found a few people to join our team where we could rotate from week to week - then we'd keep the team. If we weren't able to find any people, then we'd end our team for the meantime. Luckily for us, we recruited three more players including the girl who subbed for me while I was on maternity leave. So we are set for another year on the bowling league. We even came up with a theme for our new team!

No comments:

Post a Comment