Monday, May 10, 2010

Introduction to Rice Cereal

Monday, May 10th, 2010 - Day 141

Yesterday, we decided to introduce Tia to rice cereal. Tia has always slept very well at night, so we've never had to introduce her to it any earlier. Doc gave us the go ahead and so we finally got her a baby spoon and bowl for the big day. I should have read up on introducing rice cereal, but I didn't and I didn't remember what the doctor said. So we made up a small batch of rice cereal and fed her 4 to 5 baby spoonfuls. She was all about it - wanting more and even opening her mouth real wide a couple times. It was literally all over the place including her face, hands, bib, bumbo, and outfit. I was pretty amazed how great it went. I then went and read up on introducing rice cereal and read you are only supposed to give 1 teaspoon to start - oops. So I guess since she took a liking to it, that is quite okay. Plus, I made it thicker than they had said - but again she seemed to like it. I'm excited for her to be introduced to solids!

1 comment:

  1. Just wait! Soon the stinky poops will start (with the fruits and veggies).

    ReplyDelete