Friday, May 14, 2010

Friday, May 14th, 2010 - Day 144

Speaking of babies, I remember when my little sister Sam was a baby. I used to carry her around and people, although I was only 16 would ask if it was my daughter. When she got to be 2+ she used to say 'mommy' to me on purpose. I knew at that moment that she was going to have a great sense of humor. It is amazing to me that she just turned 18 a few weeks ago. Boy does time fly. Tonight, I went to her high school graduation and I was so proud of her. It was the longest graduation I had ever been to, but I was so glad I was there. She graduated from Parkway South High School and she looked amazing...she had gotten all gussied up for Prom last week. I do admit I teared up a few times and when they called her name...my mom and I screamed at the top of our lungs. The lady in front of me said 'that was a good one'...but I wanted to Sam to know how proud we were of her. She deserved it! She will be attending Missouri State University in the fall and I am so glad she is starting that chapter of her life. I'm just a proud 'momma', even though I'm only her sister. I think having 15 years between us made me look out for her and I always will. Congrats Sam - you did it!

No comments:

Post a Comment