Friday, February 24, 2012

A Parents Greatest Loss

It saddens me that Lexi is only four weeks old and yet has attended a visitation for a lost child. I am still in shock that my coworker Dan lost his son Clay this week. One thing I have to say about Dan is that he is an awesome father who has dedicated his whole life to raising his son Clay. He attended every one of his baseball games and all of us at work could see that Dan was a dedicated and amazing father. Unfortunately, this week we lost Clay in a car accident. He was 18 years old and a freshman in college. He was driving on Olive at Creve Couer Mill Road in Chesterfield, a SUV with two men from California crossed the center line and struck Clay http://www.stltoday.com/news/local/crime-and-courts/chesterfield-crash-victim-was-vianney-grad-on-baseball-team-at/article_ced1bf54-5d65-11e1-b172-0019bb30f31a.html. Sadness just doesn't even describe how his parents must feel. Being a parent, I am just in such constant worry for my children as all parents are and I pray for my girls every day. So I wanted to attend Clay's visitation and had to take Lexi with me so I could attend. It was such a sad scene and hard to keep the tears down when seeing my coworkers and others with wet eyes. I think I am still in shock about the whole ordeal. Why such a young kid taken from us when he was doing nothing but minding his own business from my coworker who only had Clay and no other children. It was nice to see all of my coworkers, but just not the circumstances I wanted. Lexi did great and was asleep the entire time. Everyone was raving over her. Seeing Dan was hard for me and I just pray for him every day that he gets through this tragedy. I value our friendship as coworkers and told him I'm here for him if he ever needs an ear or a shoulder.

No comments:

Post a Comment