Friday, February 10, 2012

Getting into a Routine

Lexi is two weeks old today. We have gotten into a pretty good routine. Last week she was on the bili bed and it was extremely hard to get into any sort of routine, but as of a week ago, she was off the bili bed. I start pumping last Friday because for me it is less painful than actually breast feeding. Also, I like to know how much Lexi is eating and it was hard to tell before. I do believe in demand feeding and if she is hungry then I feed her, but I do like to get into some sort of a schedule. I do a three hour schedule for feeding Lexi. It is typically a 6am, 9am, 12pm, 3pm, 6pm, 9 or 10pm, 12pm or 1pm...now this changes daily right now, but it stays pretty close. If I feel Lexi is hungry and it hasn't been 3 hours, then I feed her so sometimes she eats 2.5 hours apart and sometimes 3.5 hour apart. But it is nice to know that she is getting plenty of food. Lexi is a great eater so I'm sure you can understand why I went to bottle feeding! I do pump every few hours and make sure there is a great supply of food for Lexi. I hold Lexi a lot, but I also let her sleep when she wants too. I've actually found at least a few hours per day to get stuff done whether it is checking work email, writing in my blog, sending out announcements, working on projects, etc. The days seem to run together right now and actually it feels like the days are going by so fast. It is very nice to get into a routine though and I can't wait until I'm cleared to work out because I want to get back in shape sooner than later. I remember when I had Tia on maternity leave it took me quite a long time to get into a routine because it was my first baby and I wasn't sure what to expect. This time, I've remembered all of the tips/tricks and am ahead of the curve, which is nice. I love holding Lexi and watching her cute little expressions. I'm definitely enjoying maternity leave with Lexi.

No comments:

Post a Comment