Sunday, February 19, 2012

My Aunts

I'm from a small town called Jerseyville and growing up, I had my dad's two sisters who lived in the same town. It was sort of like having multiple moms. I left Jerseyville as soon as high school ended and went to college, then got a job right after, I moved to St. Louis. I see my Aunts on occasion, but it seems like only a few times a year. They made the trek to Arnold on Saturday to see Lexi. my Aunt Kina came all the way from Texas, Aunt Linda came from Jerseyville, and they brought my Granny Gulledge too. It was so nice to see them and talk. I always enjoy talking to them on the phone for some times long conversations, but it seems like we are all so busy the past few years with kids, life, work, etc. and we haven't had many conversations. So it was pretty nice - I know they had to leave, but I could have talked to them all night. Makes me want to make a trip to see them. My Granny Gulledge has seen Lexi three times in the past three weeks. Lexi doesn't even know how lucky she is to have one of her Great Grandma's hold her. I pray that Lexi gets to be old enough to know her. And for the record, my Granny is the best cook in the world!!! Anyway, I just had to write about them so Lexi knows how much they mean to me. Hope she gets to know her Great Aunts and Great Granny Gulledge well!

No comments:

Post a Comment