Saturday, February 18, 2012

Milk Screen

I think one of the neatest inventions for nursing moms is called Milk Screen. After 10 months of being alcohol free, pushing a watermelon out of 'you know where', and having lots of sleepless nights for the first few weeks of my baby's life - a glass of wine at some point is essential. But of course with the worries about my little baby, we don't want to jeopardize any chance that a glass of wine could affect her in any harmful way. However, because of Milk Screen, I am able to have a glass or two of wine from time to time. Milk Screen tests your breast milk to make sure it is alcohol free. You can get them online, at Target, some Wal-greens, and some Wal-Marts. Trust me, if you are a mom getting ready to have a baby and want to plan a drink those first few weeks while breast feeding, these strips are awesome. I was able to have a glass a wine about a week from Lexi's birth - it tasted so yummy. OR if you are a great friend and want a cool gift for a soon to be mom. Get a basket, put a bottle of wine, a box of Milk Screen, a couple glasses (get the best glasses for a $1 at Dollar Tree), and a note telling her how much she deserves a hour to celebrate over a glass of wine...trust me - it will be the best gift she'll get!

No comments:

Post a Comment