Wednesday, February 22, 2012

Cherish The Moments!

When things get tough when it comes to my babies, I chant these words: "Cherish the Moments...Cherish the Moments...Cherish the Moments" and it seems to get me through whatever is rough. Chris has also adapted this calming method and it seems to work wonders too. It really means that these hard moments should be cherished because our little ones grow so big so fast that these moments will become a blur soon. If we cherish the moments, even the bad ones - we'll get through it. it is so true because as we are getting into some rough patches with Lexi, Chris and I can both look back at out time with Tia and it seems almost like Deja Vu. The similar happenings are happening again with Lexi as they did with Tia. Except this time, we have a two year old Diva to also take care of so our patience is spread a little wider than usual. Lexi has been having a rough go this past week. We have been integrating her breast milk with some formula. My goal was to go four weeks with breast feeding via pumping and so I'm weening myself off the pumping and adjusting her onto formula. As we did last time, we just used the formula that we were given at the hospital which was the Similac Advance, which is the most like breast milk. I thought this was going to be great because Lexi seems to do just fine on breast milk. But I am just not cut out to do breastfeeding or pumping for that long. I do my best to withstand the pain for about a month and then I'm ready to rid that part of having a newborn. It seems that Lexi hates the Similac Advance and has become very colicky and fussy. She arches her back, squirms, and screams out in pain. She was already a pretty high maintenance baby in that she hates her swing, hates her bouncer, hates being put down in the bassinet or crib. She just wants to be held all the time. But now, with being so fussy, she isn't comfortable being held either. This is very wearing on me. It seems like nothing is making her happy but I know it is because she isn't comfortable or her tummy hurts. I've gone the past few nights with less than an hour at a time of sleep through the night and no sleep during the day. She has been super needy and I've been chanting "Cherish the Moments" here and there. What gives me solace is the fact that it brings back memories of Tia being this way too. We had to switch formulas a few times before we settled on the right one. In fact, I bought Similac Fussiness and Gas today, which is what Tia ended up liking, for Lexi to try. We are on bottle number two and she still seems fussy, but I know that it takes time for her little tummy to adjust to a new formula. She has had breast milk for the past 12 hours once we figured out that the Similac Advance wasn't working for her. So we'll see how she does. But remember, when you are having a hard time with our little one, just chant "Cherish the Moments"!

No comments:

Post a Comment