Tuesday, February 7, 2012

Noisy Sleeper

One thing I have to say about Lexi is that she is a noisy sleeper. I don't remember Tia making much of a peep when she was sleeping, but Lexi on the other hand is constantly moving, grunting, and trying to get her arms free. This does not surprise me as she was very active in my belly. We used to say Tia was active, but Lexi was probably quadruple the activity. This was the reason why the umbilical cord was so long and ultimately wrapped around her neck twice and body twice. The more active the baby, the longer the cord gets to give them more slack. Right now, we have a portable crib that we have in the middle of our King bed between us. This way I can feed her and watch her sleep these first couple weeks of life. We have the big crib ready to go, but right now I just want to make sure she is okay so I am watching her intently while she sleeps. But the girl is so active and is constantly grunting like she is uncomfortable. She sort of reminds me of me. I have a hard time sleeping and it is hard to get comfortable. I have to sleep with a fan to drown out noise and if I hear any annoying sounds - I can't sleep. I blame growing up in a silent house. When it was bed time there wasn't a sound in the house to wake any of us up. I had a hard time getting through college with some rowdy roommates and later with other loud distractions, but the fan is my savior! I hope Lexi becomes a more comfortable sleeper so she gets some good zzzz's. She is so sweet to watch though - she just looks so cute all swaddled and dainty.

No comments:

Post a Comment