Sunday, October 23, 2011

Good Bye MeeMaw

So Tia has a lot of Grandma's and she calls all of them MeeMaw including my mom. My mom lived with us the past week as her house closing became final and her husband started his new job in OH. They originally were moving to Thailand right after they closed on their house, but he got this final job and thought it was a good one to take as his last one. So they are moving to Toledo, OH for a few months. My mom's plan is to stay until Baby Norris #2 is born and then she's off to Thailand. So, her husband Ray flew in yesterday and this morning, they left to drive to Toledo in my mom's car. It is about a 9 hour drive. She said they won't come back for Thanksgiving since it is so far away and that over Christmas, they go visit Ray's brother who is on his last leg out in North Carolina. She will be back around the time I give birth for her final days in STL and U.S. Chris and I were very spoiled this week having my mom here. She has a cleaning fetish and I certainly didn't get that trait. I do like my house tidy and clean, but not as clean as my mom likes it. She sees dirt where I can't and she has an urge to clean. She does clean houses for a living including a couple of my coworkers and she used to do some Ram's players houses too. She does a great job and no, she has never cleaned a single house I've ever lived in until now. I cleaned before she moved in, of course, but she did an overhaul and cleaned the kitchen, would make our beds, took all the dust/cobwebs away, ironed all of Chris's clothes, even cleaned our basement a little. The list goes on. We were not complaining and then there was her food. I know we all say this about our mom's but I LOVE my mom's cooking. I've been spoiled with her, my step-mom's, and my grandma's cooking my whole life and I love it. My mom cooked every day and Chris vowed he'd gain a ton of weight this week, but he just wanted more and more of her food. It was nice having a week of pampering and just having my mom around. Thanks Mom!

No comments:

Post a Comment