Friday, October 21, 2011

Desperate Times Call for Desperate Measures

The past couple days have not been fun with Tia. It is pretty emotionally exhausting and honestly, I just pray that she gets better quickly, because I hate to see her in so much pain. I was on Tia duty last night and I wasn't sure how it go, but it was excruciating. We went to bed and she seemed to sleep just fine at first. We got home late because we had dinner plans and Katma watched Tia during the day. Chris watched her in the afternoon, then Great Aunt Jenny watched Tia while we were at dinner. The key is to keep her distracted, which seems to be pretty easy, but she has her moments where she just is in so much pain. The spots on her tongue turned into holes. Chris explains it as if she had tongue piercings and took them out. They do look so painful. Her feet are all discolored red with some spots here and there. She wouldn't eat or drink anything. She would barely take medicine and she was just not happy! So we got home late from dinner with friends at Kobe and watching the end of the St. Louis Cardinal's play game 2 of the World Series. She slept until about midnight. I slept in the spare bed in her room, just because I knew it would not be a fun night with her and I was right. She woke up just after midnight and was having her pain/hurt cry constantly. Nothing seemed to help her. She didn't want anything I had to offer from holding her, putting her in bed with me, a bottle (that we brought out of retirement), a drink, food, rocking, or even watching Barney. Nothing seemed to soothe her. I just held her and tried to soothe her but there was nothing that was calming her down. I felt bad for my mom sleeping in the guest room because Tia was in the condition for almost 2 hours. I was at my wits end and it was the type of cry she had. I could tell she was in so much pain. So about 2am, I finally threw in the towel. I walked her into our bedroom where Chris was and in the midst of her crying said 'honey, I'm desperate and pulling out the pinkie'. I didn't want to do it, because she had gone over a month cold turkey without one, but I was desperate and it was time to call in the big dogs. So I said, 'Tia, you wan't a pinkie' and she smiled (finally) from ear to ear and said 'Kee Kee' and I knew she wanted it. So I found one, washed it off and gave it to her. She was careful in putting in in her mouth. You could tell it hurt at first, but she wanted it badly. She then pointed to her crib and I put her in it and she was out. I got into bed next to her and we went to sleep. She got up almost every hour on the hour with a painful shout, and sigh of being uncomfortable, but then she went back to bed each time. I was saying 'Amen' under my breath. I just hated seeing her in so much pain. She'd be going to Katma's on Friday and I prayed that the worst was over.

No comments:

Post a Comment