Friday, March 4, 2011

Thumb Sucker?

This morning, as I was driving Tia to school, I heard the sound of her binky being tossed to the side.  It made me realize that she has not sucked on her thumb or fingers and I started to ponder when babies usually started to do that.  Just as I had that thought in my head, I turned around to see Tia sucking on her thumb.  I have not seen her do this since she was about 3 or 4 months old.  I took her thumb out and she laughed, then put it back in.  I did notice that she had a lot of slobber so I wondered if it was just her teething.  I hope she doesn't become a thumb sucker, but she does rely on her pacifiers.  The girl cracks me up.  As a gift from Great Aunt Jenny, Tia received a pair of Avery Pacifiers for a 0-3 month old and then a another pair of 6 to 12 months.  So of course we used the 0-3 months and she loved them.  When she turned 6 months, I tried to bump her up to the 6 to 12 month pacifier and she just hated it.  So the girl has been using 0-3 month pacifiers even though she is well over a year old.  On Tuesday, I had a Harley Davidson photo shoot and I didn't have to be there until 10. Tia was still not feeling great, so I wasn't sure if she'd go to Katmas or daycare.  I was holding out to make sure she didn't have any loose diapers before making the decision.  Besides a bit of goopy eyes when she woke up, she was back to her old self with a high energy and super smiley.  We left the house when I realized she didn't have her pacifier, so we stopped at Babies-R-Us and they didn't open until 9:30, so we had to wait patiently for a few minutes and were the first ones in. I bee-lined it to the pacifier section and I could not remember if she used 0-3 months or 3-6 months..so I went with the 3-6 months. We get in the car and I get her one out. She puts it in her mouth. Takes it out and intently looks it over. Puts it back in. Takes it out and looks at it again. I instantly realized, it was too big. Darn!  That girl is a pacifier snob!  She cracks me up.

No comments:

Post a Comment