Tuesday, December 14, 2010

Baby Einstein

I know about the time when Tia was born there was a big stink about the Baby Einstein videos and how studies have proven them to be non-educational. But, I have to admit that I love them.  Not just because it entertains Tia, but because she loves them.  We have "First Signs", "Neighborhood Animals", "Baby Mozart", and now "Nursery Rhymes" and Tia just is amazed by them. I can see that she is learning too. In fact, in one of the videos, she predicts what is going to happen before it does.  For instance, one scene will be an elephant (that she isn't a fan of) and then she'll start moving her head from side to side like a tick-tock clock and next thing the scene changes to a metronome that is going tick tick tick back and forth. Then she'll start dancing and the next scene a song will come on. And I noticed that one on the video we got last week.  I have tried other videos, but she doesn't keep engaged in them and is uninterested. I do love that she plays with her toys more and even though she isn't watching, I can tell she is still listening. It just goes to show why the Generation of kids these days are multi-taskers.

1 comment:

  1. tommy loves the Baby Einstein videos! They are so soothing too! If you don't have it yet, get the Santa's Music Box one...it's my favorite!

    ReplyDelete