Tuesday, September 21, 2010

Is Tia Claustrophobic

My whole life I've been a tiny bit claustrophobic. What I mean is I don't like things around my neck or any clothes that feel constricting.  I can be in tight spots, but there is always that threshold where I start feeling hot and dizzy when I know I'm starting to feel a bit claustrophobic.  I know almost all babies hate changing clothes, but Tia acts as if she is almost scared.  When I pull her arms out from the sleeves and the shirt is hanging around her head, she will try to pull it off herself and haste-fully too. She'll grunt until it is off and give me these scared, big eyes like she is almost scared.  When I'm putting on clothes, I will put her shirt over head first and she already starts to throw a fit. I pull one sleeve out and try to put her hand through and she'll almost forcefully push her hand through as fast as she can.  It is almost cute because I know she hates it, but she is actually helping me.  Once I have her shirt on, she is just fine.  But if it is too tight and hard to get on, she really throws a fit and really acts scared until it is fixed. It is the same feeling I get if I wear anything around my neck.  Even scarves have this affect on me.  I could never wear a choker and sometimes even collars give me that hot and almost nauseous feeling.  I just wonder if she has inherited that from me OR maybe it is just a kid thing and she just hates being changed. 

No comments:

Post a Comment