Sunday, September 19, 2010

Happy 9 Months to Tia


When they say that time flies when babies are young - there were telling the truth. I sometimes take a step back and think 'wow, I have a baby....wow, I gave birth to her...wow, I'm a mom' and I wonder - when did all of this happen. Yes, during the 9 months I carried Tia, it felt like an eternity. However, not only did I receive so much bonding time with Tia, but I also was able to prepare myself for becoming a mother. Now, I look back and it seems like a blur when I was pregnant and even the early days of Tia's life. It is just amazing how quickly they grow. Before I know it, she's going to be 18.

But she's gotten so big and so active. Besides crawling around on all fours and sometimes army crawls, she's pulling herself up, she's throwing balls, she's eating solids, and she's sleeping great on her own among other things. My confession is that I pray all the time for Tia. I pray that she lives a long and happy life. That she will experience as much and so much more that I have in my lifetime and Chris's lifetime. That she will experience love, marriage, kids, and grandkids. That she will experience all good things that life has to offer and grow into a successful, beautiful young women (in time). I just wish nothing but the best for her and hence why I pray all the time for her best wishes. It is crazy how we feel about our own kids and how we can love someone so much and in a different way than your spouse, or siblings, or parents.

All I know is that I've learned so much the past 18 months about myself, about my mothering abilities, about my patience ;), about what my baby girl would look like. So many wonderful experiences and so many reasons to smile. I wish her a wonderful 9 month birthday and many many many more to come!

2 comments:

  1. SHE IS ADORABLE. I just love her! Look at those big eyes and the pink bow....and those eye lashes. omg! Beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy 9 months Tia! So pretty! Tommy wants to meet you someday!

    ReplyDelete