Wednesday, January 5, 2011

Tia is a Big Girl

When Tia turned a year old, we made the transition from formula to whole milk.  I was thinking that it would be sort of a big adjustment for her, but to my amazement, she transitioned right over with no problem.  We drink 1% at home, so for a bit, we gave her that until we remembered to grab some whole milk at the store.  Now, she drinks it down!  I noticed at daycare that they don't heat the milk up and she still scarfed it down which is good to know. In the morning, I still like to heat hers up a bit so it is warm and yummy.  The other great thing about her transitioning off of formula is that we'll save $20 to $25 per week (sometimes two weeks) on buying formula. Of course, we'll still have to buy a gallon of milk for her, but daycare provides whole milk! yay! The other nice thing about daycare is that they provide all of her food and snacks. They provide parents a menu for every day of the month so we can see what snack, lunch, and breakfast they are eating.  If there is anything we don't want her to eat, we can just tell them.  I noticed on Tia's chart that they have her on a regular schedule now. It was almost a serile feeling knowing that she has grown big enough to have a set schedule at daycare. She's getting big and everyday we notice it. Chris was saying how she reacted last night when he said no to her. She wrinkled her brow and looked down and did a slight whimper.  She knows what no means, but I think now she understands that we are serious when we say no and she doesn't like it, lol.  I always think of the t-shirt that says, 'I know my name is no-no', because I am sure all kids go through that stage of being told no more than yes.  This morning, when I was giving her the bronchiolitis/albuterol treatment, we were watching Baby Einstein. As soon as the first note of the song came on, she started clapping. The song was, if you are happy and you know it clap your hands. I was just amazed!

No comments:

Post a Comment