Saturday, November 6, 2010

She's Walking (with help)

My brother and his wife gave us a walker when Tia was born but we instantly noticed how quickly the wheels went and both said wouldn't a baby get hurt. This walker looked dated which meant it has gone from generation to generation so for sentimental purposes we kept it. When I was picking up Tia from Kathi's, her landlord was there and as a proud new dad he had to show off his 9 month old son walking using a walker on video. Of course Katma had to prove how her grandbaby is so smart and said, Tia patty cake...clap and Tia, as if on cue, pulls her hands out and claps them together. Her landlord said, now that's cool. When I got home that night I decided to pull out the walker my brother gave us. Tia saw it and it was as if she knew exactly what to do. She uses the handle bars to pull herself up and uses it to walk across the floor. Of course, it did go a little too quickly for her but for her first time she did great. It reminded me of an adult pushing a motorized pushing lawn mower but they can't keep up and fall to their knees and are dragged. That is what happened, but Tia loved it and she was determined to figure it out. We were amazed. But it made me realize she will be walking soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment