Thursday, November 11, 2010

Is She Teething?

Back when she was about 3 or 4 months old, I was confident she was teething because she would chew and drool on everything, but no signs of teeth that that time.  Still today, at almost 11 months old, Tia has no signs of teeth coming in. She has several classmates will a few to a full set of teeth, but nothing for baby girl. But the past couple weeks, she has been a little out of sorts, has had an intermittent diarrhea here and there, and she seems to want to chew on anything metallic.  Daycare and others all seem to think she may finally be getting some teeth?  But I guess time will tell. I just want to to be her normal self again. I've seen babies in major pain from teething and I hate for Tia to go through that, but I know it is part of growing and getting big.  She's such a cutie, but you already knew that.

3 comments:

  1. I too thought Tommy was teething at 3 months and going to pop a tooth early. Nope - he was 11.5 months old when the first one appeared. Another 3 weeks later #2 popped out. And then he got 3 teeth within a week after that. We are holding at 5 right now, though his teeth are really bothering him. It's the worst thing to watch!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I kept a supply of washcloths in the freezer... I moistened a corner of each cloth and then placed them in the freezer. Kyle really enjoyed chewing on the frozen ends. I'm sure they helped numb/sooth while he was teething... And the rest of the cloth absorbed a majority of the drooling... Give it a try!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Do you think the teething was a bit delayed? So when did the first few teeth actually start to come out? Ah yeah, after all the crankiness that is teething is the cuteness of the big smiles with two front teeth!

    ReplyDelete