Wednesday, November 17, 2010

Only One without Shoes

So everyday I drop off Tia to daycare and I never really noticed it until today.  She is the only one in her class that does not wear shoes. Or at least amongst the kids that were there this morning at 7:00am.  There is a baby boy who is a lot smaller than Tia who was wearing shoes and I think it hit me that maybe I need to start putting shoes on the girl.  I don't even know what shoes we have for her.  Perhaps, for her 1st birthday, she'll get lots of shoes to wear.  I just wonder when babies are supposed to wear shoes everyday...wouldn't it be when they are walking? I guess, I was waiting for her to be officially walking, but maybe I need to get her some shoes and it would help.  I'm going to start paying attention when I drop her off to see if she really is the only baby without shoes.

2 comments:

  1. LOL! At least you recognized this before a teacher had to tell you like they did me with regards to Tommy. And he was already walking a bit! We rotate 2 pairs of shoes for Tommy right now - after spending $50 on one pair at Stride Rite, I decided their feet grow too quickly to have too many shoes!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have a couple of different thoughts on this : ) I think a lot of people put shoes on their babies because they are so darn cute in small sizes. I put Gabriel is socks when we go to Parents Day Out, but mostly to keep his feet warm. What I've heard is that it is better for kids to learn walking barefoot...and that was when I reached the "should I be putting shoes on Alexander?" stage. It helps with building balance and muscle control (or something like that). Of course, we apparently all hate wearing shoes in the Allen family because as soon as we come in, we whip them off to run around barefoot! Baby shoes can be super expensive and they outgrow them at lightening speed. They are a really good thing to get at Goodwill or a consignment shop because they are so lightly used at this age.

    ReplyDelete