Wednesday, April 4, 2012

Insanity Workouts

I am on day 38 of 60 of the Insanity Workouts. Wow! They are insane, but I am seeing results and every workout brings sweat and tears. I have been super determined to get back into shape after having Lexi. Last time, I had heard that the weight just falls off if you breastfeed and if you didn't gain too much weight - well maybe for those under 30, but for me, I didn't lose anything. I started walking/running and eating better a few months afterwards and it finally started to come off.

So when I had Lexi, I weighed about 176. I lost about 10 pounds after she was born and hovered around the 165 mark for a few weeks. Then after I hit 4 weeks, I started the Insanity workouts. I had heard that the Insanity workouts build muscle first and then you start to lose weight later. So I didn't get discouraged when the first two weeks, I hovered around the 160 mark. The third week, I started to lose a pound or two. I could really feel my muscle developing and my legs, arms, shoulders, top part of my abs, and a few other muscle areas were super tight - I was happy about that. But my mid-section was ugh! Finally this past week, after hitting the half way mark of the Insanity Workouts, some pounds started melting off, as someone told me it would. I went from 157 last Monday to 150 today. Yay! My mid-section still needs a lot of work, but it was very refreshing to see that my weeks of hard work are starting to pay off. I would like to get to my pre-baby weight of 140, and hopefully beyond - but we'll see.

Now the workouts are the only thing that have helped. I have been eating like a Saint as well. I know that once I hit 30, I had to eat well and workout for weeks before I started to see results. So this time would be no different. I have been using the Weight Watchers Points Plus system. I have never been a good eater and I'm still not the best, but by using the points, I can at least manage my intake and start to see results. I use the app iWatchr that rocks. I log my food and workouts - I have been under my daily point allotment almost every day. Of course, every now and then I have an off day (wineries), but over all, I've done great. Chris is using it now too and he lost 15 pounds super fast - guys are so lucky!

So I still have a lot of work to go, but I feel on track to getting to my goal weight. I can't wait!

No comments:

Post a Comment