Thursday, April 19, 2012

Hakuna Matata

When you have children, you often spend many days watching kids cartoons, shows, and movies. Tia loves Disney movies because they do a great job of adding singing to their movies so you can hum or sing along. The three movies Tia has are the Lion King, Beauty and the Beast, and Tangled. I can't wait for her collection to grow! She goes back and forth between Lion King and Beaty and the Beast being her favorite. One thing is for sure, we have watched these movies probably close to a hundred times collectively. On Saturday mornings, I'll pop in a movie while Tia is eating breakfast. Daddy is usually asleep and it works out because Tia gets to watch some movies on the big screen. I'll get to tidy up the house while she eats. What ends up happening is the movie will cycle through at least 3 times, maybe more depending on how busy I get. I often don't pay attention, but will notice that it started over from time to time. Tia acts like it is the first time every time. I love it when she sings. Well, of course, being parents, we tend to get songs caught in our head and of course sing them from time to time. I know I do. Chris definitely does. Chris told me a funny story about work one day and how he was in a meeting with some colleagues and they were worried about some projects and he blurted out 'Hakuna Matata', which means no worries. Of course the Lion King would be so proud and of course we laughed. I love how we pick things up, but sometimes we don't even realize we are signing or saying things. All in all, I'm glad that Tia gets to watch a variety of movies and DVDs. She loves Elmo, Barney, Baby Mozart, and of course her Disney Movies.

No comments:

Post a Comment