Tuesday, April 10, 2012

High Maintenance to Mellow

It is crazy that 11 weeks of maternity leave are almost over. I was considering taking that last week of maternity leave, but decided I'm ready to get back to work and into a normal routine. I get a bit stir crazy and I really enjoy the human interaction of work, not to mention feeling needed. I told my Assistant at work that if Lexi wasn't sleeping through the night by the 12th week, I'd probably take it. However, I've decided that I'm used to functioning on little to no sleep so what's another week. Lexi still doesn't sleep much longer than a few hours at a time through the night. Last night her feedings were 9:30pm, 12:30am, 3:45am, and 6:45am. I hope every night that she'll just skip one OR sleep 4 or 5 hours at a time, but it hasn't happened yet. I guess she loves her food hence why she grew from the 25% to the 90% in weight within a month. Although she isn't sleeping long at night, she has gone from super high maintenance baby to super mellow baby. It was like a switch went off about a week or so ago. She wanted to be held constantly, she wouldn't take a pacifier, she hated the swing and bouncer, and she would let you know that she wasn't happy. She is not a fussy baby at all. When she cries it is very easy to know what she wants, however it usually meant she wanted to be held. However for the past 10 or so days, she can be in her carseat, bouncer, or on the floor just chilling out. She looks around, smiles, coos and talks, and just is super mellow. At Easter on Sunday, all the guys were in the living room watching Golf/sports and she was sitting in her carseat watching along with them. She never fussed once time and of course everyone took turns feeding and holding her throughout the day, but she just chilled out in her carseat for long periods of time. This is great for daycare, but also for us too. In the morning, I get the girls ready and I can feed Lexi, change her and then let her hang out while I get Tia ready. It is so nice. I was afraid she'd want my undivided attention froth minute she woke up - but not the case. Let's hope she continues to be super mellow and happy. Her smiles just melt me!

No comments:

Post a Comment