Friday, March 2, 2012

My Diet Plan

So most of you know that I'm probably the pickiest eater you know. I don't eat fruit or veggies or really anything healthy for me. I am blessed with some good metabolism, but that hasn't been great since I hit age 30. What worked for me last time was using the Weight Watchers point system as a rule of thumb. I use an app on my phone called iWatchr and it is great for plugging in my food and it telling me how many points I have left for the day. If I have to report what I eat, you know I'll make sure I eat well. So for me, I portion size everything. It is all about convenience for me. If it is not convenient I won't do it, so if I do the leg work ahead of time then I have no excuse. For breakfast I eat a FiberOne Oats and Chocolate bar. For lunch, I tend to eat a can of campbell's soup or a turkey/cheese/wheat bread sandwich. I have some other things too like egg whites, baked potatoes, and other things. For dinner, I try to eat more chicken or eat something that has low points. For snacks, I buy wheat chex, peanut butter pretzel sandwiches, rice cakes, pretzel thins, cheese sticks, and other things that I portion size into snack bags and they are ready of me to grab and eat. It really works for me and so far so good for me. I really never have a problem not staying under my points for the day. When I go back to work, I do the same thing. I drink as much water as I can and I'm able to still eat yummy food, but just be sensible about it. So pick eaters can still diet, it just doesn't include fruits or veggies. I know first hand that part of losing weight is not just exercise, but it is the diet too. For most after age 30, you have to do both to see results!

No comments:

Post a Comment