Sunday, March 11, 2012

Babymoon



Chris and I were fortunate to go on a baby moon this weekend. It was something I had been hoping to do since before Lexi was born. My coworkers got together and surprised me with enough cash to stay the night someplace and so that gave me the perfect reason to plan a night away from the kiddos. I knew that Hidden Lake Winery had cabins so I thought how perfect. I invited some close friends and we all booked cabins and planned for a fun couple days. The scenery was beautiful and the weather was perfect. We were able to sit outside and have lots of wine. I forgot that my tolerance level is so low and drank like I did before I was pregnant. It wasn't the best idea, but it made for some entertaining comments at dinner from Angelina, my alter ego. It was so fun. Chris and I enjoyed the cabin which had a double jacuzzi tub and a very romantic atmosphere. This morning, we had brunch and then headed for home. I couldn't have asked for a better baby moon. All I have to say is that I'm super blessed with the best of friends who I can be silly with and of course drama free.

Chris's mom and sister were willing to watch the girls for us. They stayed over and took care of our babies while we were away. It was nice having the comfort of knowing they were well taken care of. I think Tia had a blast with her Aunt Amber and Meemaw. She cried when the left today. Lexi didn't let Meemaw sleep that much, but I'm sure she made up for it with being super cuddly and kissable. So thanks Mom Kathi and Amber for watching the girls - it meant a lot to us!

No comments:

Post a Comment