Thursday, September 1, 2011

Favorite Teacher

Tia has one teacher at school that she absolutely loves. I don't even know her name since she has several teachers, but it never fails. The minute she sees this teacher, she runs and hugs her.  When I drop her off at daycare each morning, she is hesitant to go to anyone and hugs my leg like she isn't going to let me leave. The ONLY thing that can save me is this one teacher who just walks over to Tia, puts her arms out and Tia happily goes to her with open arms.  I have to admit, I am always wishing she will be there every morning, but unfortunately, we arrive a few minutes earlier than she does most days.  The whole cliche of giving an apple to your favorite teacher came into play today.  As we all know, Tia knows about 15 or so words in sign language and after this morning, I'm thinking she knows more, but Chris and I haven't picked up on them.  We walk into daycare and her favorite teacher is right there. I put Tia down, and said 'go ahead' and she ran over and gave her a hug.  She hesitated for a second, but then realized I wasn't leaving right away so the three of us walked to her classroom.  On the way, Tia says 'Apple' and pokes her finger on her cheek.  I had never seen her do that before and the teacher didn't prompt her.  Tia looks up at her with a big, proud smile and the teacher said 'yep, Apple' and she poked her own cheek.  I was just so amazed.  So the apple for her teacher came into play already. Tia is going to be a pleaser for sure and it just makes me know how smart she is, yet again. 

No comments:

Post a Comment