Thursday, April 28, 2011

My Sick Baby

Poor Tia has been fighting a cold for a week now.  It all started on Sunday, which was Easter. She seemed fine when we went to church, but when she woke up from her nap to head over to Katma's, she acted very clingy.  I didn't mind but it wasn't long before we realized that she just wasn't feeling the greatest.  On the ride over, I kept her calm with cheerios, but she just seemed needier than ever.  At Katma's she played for a very short time and ate only a few bites before more crankiness started to set in. We changed her out of her Easter dress into some PJs and kept her entertained with Baby Einstein in her crib until she fell asleep...Poor baby.  That night, however, she developed a temperature of 102ish. She was not happy and would barely eat anything.  The next day, it was evident she could not go to school and since we didn't have many options, I stayed home with her from work, which I really wanted.  We played and had a great time...she seemed to be doing better, but by the time Chris got home from work, her temp went up to 104.  She did not sleep a wink the entire night because she was burning up and whimpering. I just felt so bad for her....Chris stayed home from work on Tuesday with her and again she seemed to be doing better throughout the day.  But, in the back of my mind, I was thinking it was at night that we had to watch.  Chris had called the doctor and they gave him good advice. By the time I got home from my bowling banquet (which was my last night of bowling for a long time - I 'retired' for awhile), I immediately felt her head and she was perfect. Wfew!  She did not sleep that great last night though and I even fed her a bottle and rocked her for a bit about 2am, but she whimpered and batted at her ears all night. I think the sickness is draining out of her tubes and it is just uncomfortable for her.  But at least she is no longer sick like she was earlier in the week. We've been giving her nebulizer treatments which I hope are helping her ears a bit!  My poor baby!

No comments:

Post a Comment