Wednesday, April 20, 2011

Happy Birthday Chuck Norris, I mean Daddy

Yesterday, Tia turned 16 months old.  It is so amazing that she has gotten so big already...when they say 'time flies', they weren't a kidding.  Today is Chris's birthday - the big 32 (yes, I married a younger man, lol).  Most of you know that Chuck Norris has been prevalent in Chris's life for most of it. Having the last name Norris and the notoriety of Chuck Norris's fame, there are many people who have either teased or laughed with Chris on many occasion in reference to Chuck Norris.  Secretly, I think Chris loves it and why not. They guy is a famed actor with a lot of macho power to back it up.  In fact, our first sort-date was when I invited him to play kickball with the team I was playing with called Walker Texas Ranger...how fitting.  When we were pregnant, we had a lot of people ask us if we were going to name our baby Chuck and better yet, I joked with Chris that since we are having a girl, we should name her Charlie and call her Chuck for short, lol.   A coworker/friend of Chris's bought him a Chuck Norris poster last week and I put it up on the wall in our bedroom.  Weirdly, Chuck's faded mug on the poster resembles Chris in a lot of ways...if only Chris has 80's hair, but the beard, pale complexion, and facial features have an odd resemblance. I am not the only one to notice either.  Tia came in and pointed up at the poster and said 'da da'. I about laughed my belly off and then I said 'no that is Chuck, can you say Chuck' and sure enough she said 'chahak' and I died laughing again. So today is Chris's birthday, not Chuck Norris, but I had to tie in the Chuck Norris dialogue because even this morning when we were walking into daycare, I have been trying to get Tia to say the front girl's name for months. 'Say Donna', but she just shies away.  She will wave a princess/beauty queen wave and say hi with a big ole smile, but she won't say Donna. I did, this morning, say she can say Chuck though and sure enough, she says 'Chahak', and smiles really big!  Happy birthday Daddy! Love Tia!

No comments:

Post a Comment