Wednesday, April 6, 2011

A Big Scare

When they say that having kids is one of the scariest things, it's true.  Of course, we don't want anything happening to our beautiful little girl, but some times she just scares the living bajezeeies out of us.  Last night was exactly that case. She was eating peaches and then all of a sudden she started weezing..a very light cough...and her eyes were as large as gumballs.  Immediately, we ran over to her and tried to get her out. Chris panicked too and was trying to tap on her back and pull her out of her high chair, but she was still strapped in.  I got her unbuckled as she continued to cough/weeze and Chris tried to pull her out again, but her arms were still strapped down.  I got her out, put her upside down on my arm and as soon as Chris tapped her back, the peach went flying out across the floor.  Luckily for me, I paid attention when they gave the toddler choking demonstration and what to do.  Chris admitted he was freaking out and I was too. Tia immediately got upset because it scared her. She cried and hugged my neck very sweetly. I was rocking her and trying to get her to stop crying.  I think we all were just scared to no end.  Tia didn't want to go back in her high chair, so I sat her on my lap and gave her some food.  We were both kissing her and of course she was being somewhat dramatic which was super cute and I think she loved all the attention.  I promised her a long, fun bath as soon as she was done eating.  Chris wouldn't leave her side the rest of the night and kept saying 'when they say you can't turn around for more than a minute, they are right' and he couldn't stop thinking about it.  I was bothered too and it just makes me scared that it would happen again when we weren't around or people weren't watching.  Oh my poor baby. But she was all better once she got in the tub and she was in a great mood after that too. Chris played with her until bedtime and things were back to normal.  So scary!

1 comment:

  1. That is so frightening! Gabriel did that once when he was about 9 months old. He was crawling on the floor and had just eaten and had a pretty full belly so when I grabbed him and started hitting his back, he actually threw up twice and the second time it came out. I was afraid he would have bruises from how hard I hit him! It turned out he had found a clear piece of plastic on the floor near the trash can and swallowed it. I had to leave for class right afterward for a huge group presentation and was pretty shaken up the whole night.

    ReplyDelete