Thursday, December 29, 2011

Our Anniversary Tradition

Chris and I are both super practical people. When it comes to gifts, we try to 'receive' things we can actually use. Mainly, because we don't want others to spend money on things we just stick on a shelf. Now, I'm a girl, so of course, I love receiving those things that I may not buy for myself and of course those super thoughtful gifts too. I'm a super sentimental person and I will always be. But for Chris and I giving gifts for each other...we always do the practical route. What things can we get that we'll use OR what things should we not get that we won't. Before we had our first anniversary, I told Chris that we need to come up with a plan for anniversary gifts from the get go. I am not a huge jewelry person and although it is nice from time to time, it seems like the 'easy' gift guys get for their girls after years together. Don't get me wrong, it is nice, but if anyone knows me well, they know I just wear it a few times and put it in my 'sentimental' keepsake box. So I came up with a plan that we could cherish, but have an annual tradition that is fun. For those who have never heard of Oneshare.com, I used to use this site to buy gifts for friends getting married. I'd get them a share of stock to Tiffany & Co and put an inscription that read 'Congrats on finding your diamond in the rough'. Very cool gift and why not do this for our anniversaries. So we established that each year, we'd take turns picking out the stock, we'd use the same format of the inscription and over time, we'd have a wall full of framed stocks that just remind us of how much our love has grown as a couple. So here is what we have so far:

Caterpillar Stock
04.30.09
Chris & Angie Norris
1 Year Anniversary
"Building a Foundation of Love"

Disney Stock
04.30.10
Chris & Angie Norris
2 Year Anniversary
"Making all of Our Dreams Come True"

Coca-Cola Stock
04.30.11
3 Year Anniversary
"Sharing a Captain n' Coke for Life"

Microsoft Stock
04.30.12
4 Year Anniversary
"Together, we Excel in Love"

We went ahead and got next year's because there was a good deal and we can't wait to get more than fifty more of these stocks over time together. How cool would that be? So this is our tradition for anniversaries. We don't buy gifts for each other, but rather buy one share of stock that we share together. Love it.

No comments:

Post a Comment