Thursday, December 22, 2011

Fw: Use the good napkins

This is too good not to share. I think

we are the last generation to know what 'napkins' are.

THE GOOD NAPKINS ... Ahhhhh.

The joys of having Girls...

My mother taught me to read when I was four years

old (her first mistake). One day, I was in the

bathroom and noticed one of the cabinet doors

was ajar. I read the box in the cabinet. I then

asked my mother why she was keeping ''napkins' in

the bathroom. Didn't they belong in the kitchen?

 

Not wanting to burden me with unnecessary facts,

she told me that those were for 'special occasions'

(her second mistake). Now fast forward a few months


It's Thanksgiving Day, and my folks

are leaving to pick up my uncle and his wife for

dinner. Mom had assignments for all of us while

they were gone. Mine was to set the table.

 

When they returned, my uncle came in first and

immediately burst into laughter. Next came his wife

who gasped, Then began giggling.

 

Next came my father, who roared with laughter. Then

came Mom, who almost died of embarrassment when she

saw each place setting on the table with a 'special

occasion' Kotex napkin at each plate, with the fork

carefully arranged on top. I had even tucked the

little tail in so they didn't hang off the edge!!

 

My mother asked me why I used these and, of course,

my response sent the other adults into further fits

of laughter. 'But, Mom, you said they were for

special occasions!!!'

 

Pass this on to your girlfriends who need a good

laugh

 

Life is too short for drama & petty things, so kiss

slowly,laugh insanely, love truly and forgive

quickly...and for heavens sake, use the good napkins when ever you can!

No comments:

Post a Comment