Monday, October 18, 2010

Tia's First Wedding

I was so excited for Tia to attend her first wedding that I went out and purchased this cute little mauve, gray, black, and white polka dot dress. She looked super cute.  This wedding was Tyler and Libby Bechtold's.  Tyler is my first cousin on my dad's side and he is 8 years younger than me, so seeing him get married just made me realize that we are all getting older.  Weddings are always good to see family too because we really only see the entire family at one time a couple times a year, if that.  Of course, when we got to the church, my cousin Jamie (Tyler's sister), ran over and snatched Tia up.  Tia instantly put her head on Jamie's shoulder.  It is super cute, but I know that is a sign of her being shy.  In the past few weeks, she has started to have the mommy separation anxiety. So when she leaves my sight, she gets very frantic. Sometimes she won't even go to Chris.  Well, she napped on the way over and she woke up when we were pulling up to the church. When she has anxiety the most is when she first wakes up, so we knew she would need some time to warm up.  Within a few minutes, as she started to get passed around, she started to get frantic wondering where we were and when I came over, she had tears welled up in her eyes, but she hadn't cried yet. So I took her outside and we rejuvenated a bit. Then daddy took her and we were on our way back in. During the ceremony she was super cute, she played and looked around. She smiled a lot and when there was singing, she stop and stare.  She was mesmerized by it all.  The funny thing was that every time we were in prayer, Tia would yell out Dada or make some sound. One time, she tooted...which Chris was trying so hard not to laugh out loud.  But she did great and after she was passed around a bit and she loved it. She did great at the reception too. She again was passed around from family member to family member, but what we noticed is that she was drawn to little kids. My nieces, other babies, and just kids under the age of 10.  It is as if she recognizes the innocence of other kids...the innocence that most of us adults have lost along the way. She tried to go to sleep one time, but every time she was asleep, she'd wake to the clapping of when they announced each wedding party couple.  She'd try to close her eyes again, and then she'd wake to clapping. She gave me a look of, what is going on!  She got a second wind and was passed around again. Then later, my Aunt Brooke was able to get her to fall asleep just before we were leaving for the night.  She was just too cute. Was a great baby the entire time and without a nap.  So darling.

No comments:

Post a Comment