Thursday, October 28, 2010

She's a Smartie

That Tia is something else.  I know she is going to be a clever little thing because she watches me intently as I do something and then tries to do it herself. Before you know it, she is going to figure out how to unbuckle herself from the car seat and the high chair.  Last night, she was in her play-yard watching some baby Einstein and I was on the couch working on some stuff.  I watched her dump out all of her toys from this plastic container, drag the container over to the play-yard's side that was closest to me, put it up side down, and then make her way on top of it and she was the proudest little girl ever. She was holding her head over the top, smiling from ear to ear at me, and just waiting for me to clap my hands and say good job.  Then, she decided she wanted this toy too, so she crawls back down and grabs this clothespin rattle and is trying very hard to pull herself back up onto the box. She couldn't quite figure it out until she put her hand and then use that same hand to pull herself up because she knows she needs both hands to accomplish such a feat. So the little smartie, but the toy in her mouth, used both her hands to pull herself up onto the box and then when she got to the top and was stable, she pulled the toy out of her mouth and waved it in the air. I was so amazed...10 months old and clever as can be.  I'm sure she is going to outsmart Chris and me over the years - we better get prepared!

2 comments:

  1. I can totally picture this...so cute! Gabriel pulled himself up for the first time today and immediately started doing it over and over. I didn't see it happen the first time, but I caught a picture and video...happened to look up and he was standing at the windows looking out over the front yard.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is the funniest thing I have read in this blog thus far!! She is so darn smart, she has to get it from Katma!! LOL She IS a stinker!

    ReplyDelete