Tuesday, October 19, 2010

Happy 10 Month Birthday!

Tia is 10 months old today. Amazing how quickly a month went by as it felt I was just writing happy 9th month birthday.  The milestone today is following her first major temper tantrum I have seen thus far. Last night, I fed her some cheerios in her high chair and when I took her out, she wanted to play with the buckles.  Well, I just put her on the ground while I cleaned up the tray of the high chair and she went over and pulled herself up and started playing with the buckles.  If I wasn't watching her, she could easily fall since there wasn't much holding her up, so I kept taking her down and she started wailing as if she was going to die if she couldn't play with the buckle on the high chair.  I took her into her room and tried to feed her a bottle since it was her bedtime and she just bucked and curled all the while crying with real tears. Her voice is a bit horse so she'd do that 'I can't breathe' cry and seriously I was saying 'baby girl, you are breaking my heart', but she kept on. So I took her out of the room and as we passed the high chair she tried to leap out of my hands and I put her down in her playpen and took the high chair over to the kitchen and stowed it away. She just looked at it and cried her eyes out. It was amazing to me and I wondered if this was the first of many temper tantrums.  It took her a while to get calmed down and finally she was fine. It did pain me not to let her do what she wanted, but for safety reasons I couldn't let her. I just kept saying to her that she can't have everything she wants but she just gave me those puppy dog eyes.  I was stern and prayed I'd always be able to be stern in those situations.  I am sure tonight when I got to feed her, it will happen all over again.  But maybe after a few times, she'll understand that she is not allowed to play with the buckle on the high chair.

The one thing she is doing that is super cute is she is standing with no hands. She'll be standing up and she'll push off and have no hands for a second or two until she needs to hold on again.  It is pretty neat to see her testing that out. She does try to multi-task and hold on barely with her forearm while her hands are free to play with whatever is around or whatever she is holding.  She cracks me up.  Happy birthday to Tia and many many more months to come.

2 comments:

  1. Happy #10 Tia! This is where I started to see Tommy was starting to become more of a toddler than a baby...bittersweet! I'm told that what we think are tantrums now are nothing! How scary is that? Tommy gives me that same look you described when I won't let him play with something!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy 10 month birthday, my sweet angel. I love you sooooo much.

    ReplyDelete