Thursday, June 17, 2010

Belly Sleeper


We've swaddled Tia up until this point, but have been letting her sleep on her own lately. I was waiting for her to be confident in rolling from back to front then from front to back. She has finally gotten to the point where she doesn't struggle with it. So that is when I told Chris, we'd be ready let her sleep unswaddled. Of course, the first night, she would bang her legs and arms onto the bed and roll incessantly, but finally after about 1.5 hours, she finally fell asleep face down. I rolled her over onto her back and since she was so tired, she didn't fight it. She slept with her arms extended above her head almost the entire night. In the morning, when I was taking a shower, she must have rolled back over because this is how I found her. It just scares me to death. Daycare says she does the same thing and they will wait until she is asleep then turn her head more. I wish she would do it on her own, but she loves to bury her head into the sheets. It is going to take us some time to get her to go down on her own, but I'm confident she will soon enough. What a cutie.

No comments:

Post a Comment