Sunday, January 1, 2012

What a Great Year!

I can't believe it is 2012. It just seems like time is flying by like the speed of light. I am definitely taking as much time as I can to appreciate all of the wonderful family, friends, loved ones, and memories that I can take with me from 2011 to 2012. Of course, I can't wait to make more special memories in 2012 as we have another big chapter starting when baby Lexi arrive this month. We had a few options last night for New Year's Eve parties and we decided to wait until the last minute to decide. We ended up renting a ton of movies and ordering pizza. It was nice and relaxing and we got to stay in our PJs. Tia went to bed at her normal time and the new feat was to see if I'd be able to make it until midnight. There was a moment where I was going to head in to lay down, but I decided, you know what - I'm going to splurge and have something I haven't had in almost 9 months. A coke! So I went and drank down a big glass of coke and hoped for the best. We watched some movies and before we knew it, it was midnight. We turned on the Time Square celebrating, kissed, listened to all the neighbor's fireworks, and then finished the movie. I was actually not tired at all, surprisingly. I was missing my wine and/or dirty martini - OR champagne, but I know the caffeine was probably already too much for little Lexi in there. We enjoyed our night in and I was happy I made it to midnight.

New Year’s Reflections
Looking back on the months gone by,
As a new year starts and an old one ends,
We contemplate what brought us joy,
And we think of our loved ones and our friends.
Recalling all the happy times,
Remembering how they enriched our lives,
We reflect upon who really counts,
As the fresh and bright new year arrives.
And when I/we ponder those who do,
I/we immediately think of you.
Thanks for being one of the reasons I'll/We'll have a Happy New Year!
By Joanna Fuchs

1 comment: