Sunday, January 22, 2012

38 Weeks & Counting

Lexi is officially full term and any day could walk right out! I am planning to work another week and see how it goes this week. On Wednesday, my doctor will set a date to be induced for the following week. Most likely, it will be the 30th, 31st, or the 1st. The past three weeks, I have been 1.5 cm dilated and two weeks ago, I was 50% effaced and this past week I was 100% effaced. So I'm completely thinned and now it is just a matter of the dilation continuing. Lexi has been head down for months now and there was a month there where she was extremely low. Many people thought I'd go sooner than later. But after the first time my doctor measured my cervix. Lexi moved up a bit and wasn't as low in my belly. Guess she didn't like being poked in the head. I would say that this third trimester has been a great one. With Tia had a lot of things I remember that I didn't like. For one, my hands would go numb at night and I'd wake up to them being brittlely, then I got trigger thumb where my thumbs would get locked into place and boy was that painful to wake up to every morning. I would tape them and sleep like a mummy to ease the pain. It wasn't until over a month after that I finally went to a doctor who gave me a cortisone shot that helped. I had gained a lot more weight with Tia. I know they say with the first babies, most women make the mistake of eating for two - in excess. I was definitely one of them. This time, I've eased back and have tried to be a bit better. Although, I have still gained a lot of weight, but just not as much. I just want to bounce back easier this time than last time. I'm 34 and it is hard enough to lose weight after age 30, let alone after pregnancy. But I'm excited to get back to the park and do some running after Lexi is born and I'm back to work. I have had 95% energy in this last trimester. I remember with Tia, I was in bed by 6 most nights. With Lexi, I am walking around as if I'm not even pregnant. I have had more people say that I don't act pregnant than I can count and of course I have to agree. Although, I will say this week, I've started to feel bigger and my stomach feels tighter. I'm starting to waddle more and I have more pregnancy pains than I did before. Either way, this has been a great pregnancy at the end. It was still by far the worst first 3.5 months in the beginning, but after that was all said and done with, I've felt like a million bucks the rest of the time. Now let's just pray I have an easy delivery like with Tia. I can't wait to see what little Lexi looks like and compare her to Tia. So sweet - my two little girls!

No comments:

Post a Comment