Sunday, January 29, 2012

Our Little Miracle

So now that Lexi is here, it just all seemed like a bit of a blur when she came into this world. I remember all of the events but I am more focused on 'wow, she's arrived' than I was 'wow, that all happened during her birth'. Thankfully, she came early and thankfully I only pushed for a short time (10 minutes), because the doctor came in to say goodbye on our last day in the hospital. He started out normal with how everything is going great. Then he sort of got a melancholy look on his face and his tone changed. He said 'I don't like to bring this stuff up, but I do want to say that she is a miracle baby...having an umbilical cord wrapped around your neck happens, but having it wrapped around twice is very rare, in fact, it was the first time I've seen it...then she had it wrapped around her leg, then around her back. It could have been bad. Some babies with one loop around the neck end up with problems, but twice around...it could have been very bad. Thankfully, everything worked out perfectly and she was not affected, so I am considering her a miracle baby." After he said this to us, Chris and I looked at each other with sad eyes because it really didn't hit us until we heard it from the doctor. We were thankful to hear this because it does make us appreciate the lord watching over us and Lexi. Chris and I had a few moments to bond over these words from doc and ended up smiling because she is here and she is perfect. I really don't know what I would have done if something bad would have happened. I'd like to think I'd be strong, but knowing she has ailments because of this would have torn me up....and worse if we weren't able to watch her grow up - I think I'd never recover from this. The point though is that she is a MIRACLE BABY and we are so thankful and blessed to have her. Already, she has amazed us with her presence and we just can't imagine our life without her now. With having Tia and now Lexi - we could not ask for more! Thank you God for your grace!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment