Saturday, January 28, 2012

Lexi Adriana Norris


She's finally arrived! Or should I say she pleasantly surprised us with her presence a few days early. Due on Super Bowl Sunday, but then planned for inducement on Monday, January 30th - Lexi decided to make her presence known on Friday, January 27th. I was at work and it was to be my last day of work before maternity leave. Started out as a normal day and finishing up final projects at work and the day was going great. Went to lunch with my friend Stephanie and had some Mexican food. When we got back to the office around 1, I started to work on my final things before I was going to leave for home to officially start maternity leave around 4ish. My friend Donna was in my office chatting to me about some work stuff when I felt a small amount of liquid pop in my baby making area...I didn't initially think it was my water breaking but I wanted to find out for sure. I told Donna I'd be right back and I ran to the bathroom. As I approached the bathroom, I felt more small trickles and I was amazed that I wasn't able to 'hold my pee' because that is what it felt like I was doing. My water never broke with Tia so I had never experienced the sensation before. I got to the stall and as I pulled down my pants, some of the liquid went on the floor. I went to wipe it up and as I bent over, a gush of liquid came out. I realized at that moment I was starting labor. I walked back to my office and didn't think it was the amount that officially marked water breaking so I went to ask some ladies if they had ever experienced that before. When I started asking, more fluid starting coming out and as these ladies made me laugh, more gushes happened. By this time, my jeans were drenched and I knew for a fact that it meant Lexi was coming sooner than later. I was trying to close down my computer, but the ladies started being louder with excitement and I just kept gushing every time I'd laugh. Some were just cracking me up. I hadn't experienced a contraction yet, so I was just going to drive myself to the hospital, but they were all adamant that I shouldn't and to let someone drive me. So Donna drove me in my car and Stephanie drove behind and we headed to St. Lukes hospital. I tried to call Chris but he didn't answer. I had already sent him a text before I left the office, but when he didn't answer his cell phone, I called his work phone. I just couldn't bear if he missed being there, so I called the main line at his work and they paged him. After many attempts, they finally tracked him down in a meeting. He left as soon as he could and met me at the hospital. By this time, I still had no had any contractions that I knew of. There was some cramping, but nothing to be fearful of. As the next couple hours unfolded, the pains started getting stronger and they administered the epidermal...which is the way to go! From this point, it was just a waiting game for me to fully dilate. My doctor came in and said, we can get this baby out in a few pushes and that is exactly what we did. They said I delivered within 10 minutes of pushing. Just before, they couldn't hear her heartbeat and decided to put in a monitor that attaches to her head, while putting in more amniotic fluid because I was still gushing fluid even hours after my water initially broke. The final push, a ton of amniotic fluid squirted out and hit the doctor in the face, soaked the nurse and went everywhere. Then I looked down because I had pushed her out and saw the blue ring around her neck. The doctor untwirled the umbilical cord that was wrapped twice around her neck and once around her back - then she let out a big cry. He plopped her on my belly and it was heaven all over again. I was just so excited she was healthy. And she is just so perfect that I can thank God enough for blessing me with such a beautiful angel (again). I just love her so much!









1 comment:

  1. Congratulations!!!!! Hope Big Sis is handling the newest addition well!

    ReplyDelete